“Peace is…” Logo Contest 2017
February 16th, 2017
The Permanent Mission of Japan to the United Nations, in collaboration with the United Nations Department of Public Information (DPI) and other Missions are celebrating the annual UN agenda theme with a series of events entitled, “Peace is…”
The purpose of these events is for Japan and other member states to show their support to the three pillars of the UN agenda (Peace and Security, Development, and Human Rights) in the form of interactive cultural events.
This year’s theme is “peace,” which can be expressed in diverse ways. Peace is family, water, and education, just to name a few examples. The Japan Mission, along with the DPI and other Member States, will decide on a topic to be highlighted each month.
With this in mind, we are inviting submissions from the public for a design contest, creating a logo for the “Peace is…” event to be used in promotional material including, but not limited to, banners, brochures and posters. We look forward to receiving your designs representing the universal theme of Peace. The details of this contest are as follows:
Design a logo to commemorate the “Peace is…” events.
Anyone is eligible to apply.
Friday, 10th March 2017
The submitted logo designs will be evaluated by the Members of the Steering Committee of “Peace is…” and only one final design will be selected.
Announcement of Results
The results will be announced by Mid-March. The logo along with recognition will be uploaded onto the Permanent Mission of Japan to the United Nations’ website.
1. Send an email with an attachment of the design data, as well as the entry form.
(Entry form requires basic information such as Name, Address, Nationality, Occupation/School, etc.)
2. A brief explanation about the submitted design (in under 100-words) must be included in the application form. Note: The explanation of the winning design together with the name and occupation/school of the winner, will be publicized.
3. Data size is less than 500k in the form of JPG, GIF or PNG.
4. Up to 5 proposals can be submitted for each applicant.
5. The intellectual property rights of the adopted logo mark will belong to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA).
6. The submitted logo design must be unpublished, original works of the applicant.
7. In the event that any works are found to infringe the provisions of public order and standards of decency stipulated in the laws and regulations, contain defamatory contents, infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, and so forth, the entry shall be rejected even after it is selected as the winning design.
[Email Address] (Only entries by e-mails are accepted.)
Please send to:
[Email Title] “Entry to ‘Peace is…’ Logo Contest”
Attention to: The person in-charge of the “Peace is…” events.
Name and Affiliation:
Entry Form (Word )
For further inquiry: